Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Words of Wisdom

Have you seen this?


If you are planning on having children, replace whatever soft, squishy flooring plans you have for the nursery with some sort of easy-to-clean flooring. Seriously. You'll thank me, especially if you have a boy. We put in parquet, and every day I am thankful we did. A receiving blanket or paper towel is all you need to clean up anything.
Typical boy... it doesn't seem to matter what I do to keep "it" under control, he takes great pleasure in seeing how far his stream will go. Gauge's "fountain" reached a good 5 feet this morning. Splashing the wooden frame of the ottoman 5 feet from his change table. Ok... maybe it's only 3 feet, but when you're scrambling to cover, it's seems a great distance further. 

7 comments:

The Blog Fodder said...

For Heaven's sake, woman, throw a towel over it when you are changing a diaper. As soon as you unbutton them and the cold air hits them they have to pee, regardless of whether or not they just did.

RTAs said...

I do... but he loves to kick at change time, and kicks it off and lets it fly when I'm throwing the diaper in the bin. My mom is more daring and doesn't cover and lets him air out. She got soaked a couple of times over Christmas.

The Blog Fodder said...

Understood but you don't dispose of the diaper until AFTER you have the new one in place. That is priority ONE. If you want to "air him out" let him pee in the towel first.
Does your mom let him air out on her couch or just at your house? :-):-):-)
It has been years but I still remember this stuff. I wanna be a Grampa too. Waaahhh.
My word verification is unctif. I get no respect.

Anonymous said...

Well I must be very fortunate. Neither of my 2 boys ever "aimed" for anything while getting changed and I let them air out! Although both had fun filling the baby bathtub with things that "floated".
Ahhh, those were the days!! Now onto toilet training. Let the fun times begin. :)
K-Wall

RTAs said...

Her guest bed... though she quickly soaked it up, and I'm assuming she washed everything. At least you're warned for the next time you stay there.
K-Wall - he's only peed in the tub. Ew. Floaters.

prairie nymph said...

girls can shoot pretty far too, mine soaked me a few times before i learned to hold a diaper over her at all times.
i saw some pee tents at a baby store. cone shaped clothes that fit over top seem like a good idea.

Sonjag said...

Shades of your father, with all the discussion of bodily functions, and humour.
Being a grandma is the best.