Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Has anyone seen 2 backpacks?

Hooray! we made it. Our flight from LAX to BKK was 17 gruelling hours, 24 hours in total. But decent food, and good movies. Cleared customs with no problem... and then learned that our luggage never left North America... so here we sit, not quite offensively smelly, well stocked with books, food, cameras and airline toothbrushes AND paste, and totally not worried about it. We met a nice banker from Nepal on the public transit (hooray for cheap!). So we may have to spend an extra day or 2 here... hoping it comes.

next adventure, walking in +35 morning heat, to find our guest house.
love you all
A&K

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA! I mean, maybe not too "haha," but still... what better way to start making the memories??? :)

PS
I got my acceptance to UL! I'm taking it as a sign. I hope I'm not wrong... *sigh*

Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the luggage thing. Hope you found the guesthouse okay and got some much needed (I'm sure) rest. Enjoy the warm weather, we're still cooool here. I finally had to turn on the furnace.
Love, Motorcycle mama

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wow! I hope your luggage arrives soon.

(you know this is Maryanne, right?)

Shannon said...

What a way to start. Hooray for not booking a bunch of accomodations! Hope you are loving it. And say hi to Kelly!