Friday, January 16, 2009

How are you going to spend your weekend?

Well... since the temperature outside is going to be almost too warm for winter (really, +7 for Monday, unreal), I'm going to spend as much time as possible outside. My list of prospective activities:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Sleigh Rides
- Snowman Building
- Snowball Fight
- Snow Angels
- Sledding
- Skating

I'm glad it's warmer, especially since shannon comes home this weekend. (exciting!!!) The cold won't be nearly so shocking. But does it really have to get that warm. The melting and mess and then freezing later in the week (when it will be back to -19C) makes it almost not worth it. I'm actually on the verge of resenting the warmer weather. Is it too much to ask for just -8C?

5 comments:

Bronwyn said...

I am sad to report I will be stuck indoors the whole weekend. Working. On the only nice days we get. BOO!!

Unknown said...

welcome to my (new) world. stupid chinooks. I mean, "yay!". :)

RTAs said...

It's funny. they weren't calling this a chinook though that was exactly what I figured it was like. But the winds coming from the Northwest (general direction of the frigid artic winds and temps that we are used to in January). Highly unusual, but not unwelcome!

Shannon said...

While I am extremely thankful for the warm weather (which still feels shockingly cold - I shall never make fun of people returning from warm holidays again... well at least not until I forget how cold I am right now) I agree that it simply makes a mess and -8 is about perfect. How many of the things on your prospective list did you do?

RTAs said...

In between going to town for hockey (4 nights in a row...sheesh) i ventured out for a 2 hour ski with a 9-yr old, and a big long sleigh ride. It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday