Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Water Baby

I've heard of very young babies being able to swim. Like being swaddled, they seem to find comfort in water, having spent the previous 9 months in a watery place. That's why we wanted to start Gauge early so he would develop a love and healthy appreciation for water. Lakes in particular, as we are not pool people.





I think Gauge is a water baby now. Today was day 8 of swimming lessons and the second day of lifejacket lessons. He wasn't quite sure what to think yesterday when I strapped him into his lifejacket, but he loved "jumping" into the deep water and that sensation of floating. Today was even better. He was eager to jump off the dock, splashed his arms and even kicked his legs when he was front floating. I couldn't help but have the biggest smile on my face the whole lesson. The greatest moment yet though was when he kept trying to blow bubbles in the water like the other kids. If I didn't hold him high enough above the water, he would put his entire face, mouth open, and come up sputtering but happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kah-yoot!!

The Blog Fodder said...

Love it. What a kid!