Friday, September 19, 2008

Aloha

This is it. I leave for Honolulu tomorrow, for 10 days. Mostly for work, but I will get to visit a girlfriend and her husband who live there. I've been promising for years to go, and have finally committed. I'm not excited to leave home, but am excited to hang out with them in the warm Hawaiian sun.
Sadly, Errol cannot come with me. Mother nature didn't cooperate, and harvest isn't done. Hardly even started to be truthful. And then ambiguous Passport Canada sent his application back. Really people, you should be consistent. Ask for either all original proofs of existence and identity, or all copies. None of this confusing half and half deal. Really. At least they returned it quickly, and we didn't have to wait 2 months to get it back.
Bright side. Now I have more excuses to go back. I plan to spend the whole trip figuring out things that we can do next time. And we'll go in the winter, not when Saskatchewan's having a beautiful fall. Can you believe it was nearly 30C in Saskatoon yesterday?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it hasn't been 30C in Ireland all YEAR. lol. enjoy your trip!!!