Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ocean View

Something I didn't think I had. I have a "garden view" room in Hawaii. Ok. I can live with that. Then, while killing a lot of my down time today, I realized that I do have an ocean view from here... If you look really hard through the windows, you'll see it. I think there is even a boat. I had to precariously balance on a rollie office chair to get this shot, so cherish it.
And now, a list of things I forgot.
- my iPod. How on earth will I ignore people on the flights home? Thankfully, the flights here, I was seated next to delightful people, who know the value of interesting, yet little conversation on a plane. Only had a half glass of white wine spilled on me by my neighbour. That was more funny than not. The little Swiss-Canadian lady got so excited to see her friend that her arms, and wine glass, went flying up, and all over me. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was wet.
- sunscreen. It didn't cross my mind until my friends picked me up, and commented on how they had gone to the beach that day, and got burned that day. Errol even asked if I was going to come back with a tan. At this rate, I'll be glowing red by next week.
- enough books. I'm 1/3rd through my last book, and 7+ days away from leaving.
- my sarong. It's even a Hawaiian one.
Really. Where was my head?

2 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

There's no sunblock in stores in Hawaii?

I'm so excited that you get to see Lydia and be in Hawaii!

RTAs said...

thankfully there is a cornacopia of sunblock here... so I promptly purchased a bottle to tide me over till I'm at Lydia's. I've been reassured they have more than I'll ever need. And all the rememdies should I burn. I think I"m set.