Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'm Crazy

Independent - check
Up for a challenge - check
Crazy - check

I'm due to have a baby in 4 days. 4 DAYS!! So really, it could come any time now. Guess how I've spent my Saturday so far... preparing and canning salsa. I had so many ripe tomatoes and a few green peppers, I had to do something with them, especially since I cultivated and nurtured them all summer. So I made salsa. I still have enough tomatoes to make another 2 or 3 batches of the spicy condiment, but they aren't ready yet. Depending on when this baby comes, I might find my crazy self making another batch. So real is that possibility that the last time I was in town, I bought crushed pineapple so I could make a tropical kind next time. Oi.

This year, I was more prepared though, having procured a huge canning pot from Errol's grandma and some essential tools to help make the process easier. So far so good, as it seems all my jars have sealed. And it tastes pretty good too!

4 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Wonder Woman! I'm amazed.

Shannon said...

You are crazy!!! But actual not because you are simply competant enough to do it all. So exciting about the due date!!! Can't wait to hear if Baby V is a he or a she!

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy. Did you know that some women get a burst of energy shortly before they go into labour? Keep up the good work.
Love, Mama G

The Blog Fodder said...

Be interesting to see the effect of that spicy salsa when you start nursing that new baby. Just saying.