Monday, October 8, 2007

I can't walk I ate so much.

It is 30C here every day, and I'm in a tradeshow hall during peak heat hours. Sigh. At least the evenings are pleasant.

I am most disappointed, we tried to go to Universal Studios and check out the rides, the but park closes at 7pm, as we are now in the off season. Pay $70 and you only get to ride the rides for an hour. Not worth it. but we walked around, and enjoyed that sun and heat.

Remember when I said yesterday that I am going to gain 15 pounds here... well tonight I ate the best meal I've had since my Keg steak in Toronto. Texas de Brazil is my new favourite restaurant. Veggies and starters are all served buffet style, but it was by far the most exotic and unique salad bar I've had. Tons of fine cheeses, sushi, lentils. Only 2 small bowls with lettuce. And lobster bisque.. yum... Once finished the first course, each person has a little disc; red (STOP) on one side, and green (GO) on the other. Flip it to green, and the cooks who have prepared beef, lamb and chicken on sword skewers, start lining up at your table to serve the meat portion of the meal. And wow, it was some of the best meat I've ever had. If it hadn't been too weird (as some friends have told me). I would have taken pictures of all that food.

If you ever have the opportunity to eat there, do!

No comments: